Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shit happens

Some days are just the shits. Like last night, when I went upstairs to tuck the kids in. I was helping Hudson in the bathroom when Paisley said to me, "Mom, Madden's wall is all brown." I just said, "Oh really" and carried on. Then she came back in and said, "No mom!! Madden said it's poop!" So I rush in, and sure enough, there is shit smeared all over the wall.

I was SO mad. And so grossed out. The child is 3 years old now. I should not have to be dealing with his feces wiped all over the wall. I know that he gets into everything, but really?! His own poop?? He's never done anything like this before! UGH. I obviously promptly cleaned (that shit) up, and told  him he'd lost his DVD collection for the night. (He sleeps with them). Thinking back, that probably wasn't the most logical consequence for his behavior, but at the time, I was so mad...and that was the only thing I could think of. Really, that's punishment for us, but whatev. We can deal.

After I got everything cleaned and bleached, all four kids tucked in, I walked downstairs to clean up the house a bit. I saw the bathroom garbage can sitting on top of the counter...sure enough, it was full of water, toilet paper and stickers. Like, for real?! I just want them to stop making messes like this!! After a long day, I don't have time for anything beyond the norm.

So, I picked up a few toys and random things still left on the floor, and then somehow, I accidentally made my way to the fridge for some moscato. Oh, and a Cadbury Egg. And this happened. (and yesssss, I realize my wine glass has dishwasher water marks on it. Deal. #ittastesthesame)



And it felt good. I'm not gonna lie, it helped. I don't often cope with life with wine...but clearly, I should try it more. Maybe if I drink a few more, I'll forget how much it sucks to clean poop off the walls?

Then I texted my mom and asked her if I was really that bad as a child. I was just wondering if this is payback for something. Obviously she said I was an angel and never did anything wrong! Duh.  

Drink Up!
XOXO,
B

2 comments:

  1. lol that really was a shitty end for your day! Nicole use to shit in my closet when she was 3, I have no idea why lol and I do remember you being pretty perfect around me anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she thought your clothes were shitty?! KIDDING!!
    :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete