Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

 Happy Valentines Day!
 I love love. I definitely don't love the cheesiness of Valentines Day, but the actual feeling of being/falling in love is amazing. I'm pretty sure I've fallen in love 9 times. I fell in love with Craig waaaaay back in 1996. It was an omg I cannot spend one minute apart from him, kind of love.
 
Then in 2007, I fell in love with Miss P. She stole my heart. I knew I would fall in love with her, but I loved her with my entire soul. She was my everything. But that same day, I fell in love with Craig all over again. Watching him become a dad made me have such a different love for him. It wasn't the 'can't spend one minute apart' love, but it was the kind of love that makes your heart explode. Watching him fall in love with our daughter made me love him in such a different way. And again (twice) in 2010 and 2011, I had the pleasure of falling in love with H, M and E, and Craig all over again each time.
 



Valentines Day for me, isn't about getting flowers and candy. Flowers, in my opinion, are kinda a waste of money. And I do love me some candy, but then I just obsess about eating it, and that's stupid. Valentines Day is about showing the kiddos what our family traditions are. It's about hearing those little voices say, I wuv you mommy. It's about not taking each other for granted. It's about recognizing that there are people in your life who love you, whether it's your mom, grandma, husband or best friend. It's about convincing your husband it's a great idea to give you a nice, long back rub without complaining that his hands are tired. It's about knowing that the little things that drive you crazy don't matter in the long run, and that the little things you love, do.

 
 
I feel so lucky to have love 4 times in my heart--the deepest kind...unconditional, love you forever no matter what, kind of love. And I am more than blessed to feel the love back from them. (except when Madden tells me he loves Grandma Brenda more than me. Little stink.) And I feel really lucky to still, after 17 years, love my partner in crime. My baby daddy. My G money.
 
I hope you are finding love today. Not in your flowers or chocolate, but from deep inside. Hugs your kids extra tight, and remember not only how much you love them, but how you are their everything. (a post I'm working on for tomorrow will reinforce that!)
 
Happy Valentines Day! I heart you for checking in to read my word vomit!
XOXO,
Brook

No comments:

Post a Comment