Thursday, March 7, 2013

Motherhood is not for sissies

Out of all of my friends, I'm probably the one who can handle gross stuff the most. Not a whole lot gets my tummy turning. I can hear stories about pretty much anything...even when I'm eating. But I'm the minority. Most of my friends pass out at the talk of a paper cut, never mind discussing child birth and baby blowouts. Once, my friend actually threw up because of the smell of a fart. True story. (although she may or may not have been intoxicated at the time) And now she's a mom, cleaning up poop-galore. Although she still gags doing that! :)

So what happens when you become a mom? You instantly have to suck it up. Motherhood is not for sissies. You have to clean up poop that has trailed up the back and down the legs. And you have to clean up puke rolling around in their crib. You wipe butts and you dig crusted old food out of everywhere. You scoop poop from the bathtub and you wipe more snot that you ever thought possible. You may even have to assist your child in getting their own poop out. That brings back some memories. Fun. But you do what you've gotta do. Being a mom is so gross. Ugh, I just thought of something! I can handle poop and snot, but I cannot handle chewed up gum. We aren't really to the gum chewing stage yet...but I better not see gum sitting on one of my children's plates...GAG!!!

The minute you have your child, you have to throw your sissy pants out the window. Because Motherhood is not for sissies. When I had Paisley, my mom got me this book.
 
It quotes a whole bunch of people who have children. Before I was a mom, I loved the quote, "parenting is the hardest job you'll ever love"...but I think it should say "parenting is the hardest volunteer work you'll ever love". You get paid for a job, fools. I'm pretty sure the only thing I'm getting paid in here is dishes, laundry and stress. Oh wait...I get paid in hugs too. Those are almost as good as money. Almost.
 
As I re-read this book this week, I related hard core to this one...


If you think for one second that nothings going on here...it means someones up to trouble. If it sounds like somethings going on here...somethings going on. Someone is always crying. Someone is always needing 'milkies'. Someone is always into something they shouldn't be. And someone (ME) is always tired. It's never ever dull here. And now thanks to Taylor Swift, every time I type 'never ever', I throw in a little weeeeeE are never, ever, ever, getting back together. And then I want to punch myself in the face.

Morale of the story--
 
And given the circumstances some days, it looks like I've done a really good job. Which means, I am not a sissy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment